Part-Time (10-15 hrs. per week)
Lead Pastor (Eric Roseberry)
In order to apply, send your resume to by July 29.
Note: While some of this work can be done remotely, this role requires two in-office blocks per week. Preferably, these blocks would be 3-4 hours in length. The chosen candidate and the staff can work together to determine the best times and days for these blocks.
- Strong written communication (can perform some document editing)
- Strong verbal communication
- Well organized
- Ability to manage time well and be a self-starter
- Attention to detail
- This role will require using Microsoft Word, Excel, Planning Center, Hootsuite, and Quickbooks. COG can provide training for each of these programs, but prior experience is a plus
- Previous experience with basic graphic design (or a willingness to learn) is a plus
Roles and Responsibilities
Role #1 – Handle General City of God Communication
- Respond to emails directed to and
- Check the City of God Google Voice line for messages and texts and respond in an appropriate amount of time
- Respond to any messages directed to the City of God social media accounts
- Work with our staff and graphic designer to schedule regular posts to the COG Social Media feeds via Hootsuite (5-7 posts per week)
- For relevant announcements, get Joel Kinsey graphics for slides for Sunday morning
- Keep City of God's Office Calendar up-to-date and current. Coordinate with ministry teams and leaders about scheduling new events at the offices
Role #2 – Help Keep City of God’s Online Presence Up to Date
- Review the website monthly to ensure that all content is up to date and current.
- Post the sermon from Sunday on the City of God website by Monday afternoon. City Group leaders need this available ASAP in case they missed the message
- Help manage Planning Center and ensure that it is up to date (databases, events, giving, etc.).
#3 – Special Events Help and Planning
- As available, help with the “hospitality” element of various City of God special events.
- Put together the “Gifts for Newcomers” on Sunday mornings and make sure there are enough available each week.
- Help w/ purchasing as necessary for these special events.
- As needed, put together handouts, materials, and packets for upcoming City of God classes.
#4 – Various Administrative Tasks
- Pay City of God's monthly bills
- Forward any benevolence requests to the appropriate staff person or ministry team leader
- Handle small shopping trips as necessary for the COG office and staff.
- Make the weekly offering deposit at the bank by Monday afternoon
- Pass along any pertinent information from City of God's supported missionaries
- Keep COG current with all necessary federal and state filings (once per year)
- Attend the weekly City of God staff meeting
- Other general office tasks as necessary
To apply, send your resume to . We will accept resumes through July 29.