City of God Family,
We are so excited to have the opportunity to worship with some of you in person this Sunday. As you prepare for this weekend, we wanted to give you a few details on what you can expect as we return to Lafayette Christian School. Sunday will be a regular service with worship and a sermon.
If you plan to join us on Sunday and you have not registered yet, please do so here.
There will be people who either cannot or should not gather with us based on health risks. We will attempt to live stream the service on Facebook at 10 AM. This will be our first attempt at live streaming, so bear with us. At least the sermon will be posted to the internet by Sunday night if the stream does not work.
Please note, due to construction, several of the roads used to access Lafayette Christian are currently unavailable. We recommend using Union or Earl to get to the school.
- If you have recently been in contact with someone who is ill or you are exhibiting any symptoms, please refrain from joining us at LCS. You will be able to watch the live stream via Facebook.
- Individuals in high-risk categories should consider worshiping with us via live stream.
- There will be no children’s ministry available at the school for at least the next four weeks. A nursing mother’s room will be available for those who need it. Please see a hospitality team member for details.
- We will not be serving any coffee on Sunday morning, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- If you have not yet registered to attend in-person worship this weekend, please do so here.
- While the state of Indiana does not currently require face masks, they are recommended for social gatherings. We will have a limited number of masks available for those who would like one but don’t have one.
- As you enter, a greeter will give you instructions regarding seating. You are welcome to sit with anyone that you have been quarantining with over the past few months. However, please leave three to four chairs in-between you and other worshipers not from your family. We want to continue to practice recommended social distancing guidelines as we meet back together.
- During the service, we will modify how we take communion and offering. Communion will be available in individually wrapped packages, and you will be able to take as many as you need once you arrive. A basket will be placed next to the entrances of the gym for those who would like to leave an offering. You can also give digitally at cogchurch.org/give.
- We will ask all congregants to exit the gym immediately following the service. If you would like to connect with others while practicing social distancing, you can do so outside.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. See you Sunday!