What We Believe
You will find a number of links below to help you understand City of God's basic beliefs and also some of our theological distinctives.
Statement of Faith
City of God has adopted the Confessional Statement of the Gospel Coalition as our Statement of Faith.
As a member of Acts 29, we hold to the five theological distictives of all network churches. Those are:
- We are passionate about gospel centrality.
- We enthusiastically embrace the sovereignty of God in saving sinners.
- We recognize and rest upon the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit for all of life and ministry.
- We are deeply committed to the spiritual and moral equality of male and female and to men as responsible servant-leaders in both home and church.
- We embrace a missionary understanding of the local church and its role as the primary means by which God chooses to establish his kingdom on earth.
Click the link above to learn more about each of these beliefs.
Baptist Faith & Message
As a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, we affirm and uphold the Baptist Faith and Message as one of our foundational documents.
You can read a copy of the bylaws of City of God Church here.