City of God Church (www.cogchurch.org) is an Acts 29/SBC church in Lafayette, IN.
We exist to glorify God by making disciples who love Jesus, love people, and advance the gospel.
With these goals in mind, we are seeking an Associate Pastor to help us fulfill our ministry. Below you will find a basic job description for this position.
If you feel that you might be a good candidate for the job, please submit the following:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the job
- A resume or C.V. and three professional references
You can submit these materials to Eric Roseberry (eric AT cogchurch.org).
If you meet the basic qualifications for the position you will receive an e-mail asking for further information.
A Snapshot of City of God Church
Job Title: Associate Pastor
Position Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to help individuals at
This position will be heavy on relationships. The person applying should be comfortable with people and energized by time with them. Examples of the relational aspects of this ministry include: one-on-counseling, working with leaders to help develop their walk with Jesus, meeting with people who are new to City of God to help them get connected, etc.
This person will assist our current ministry team leaders to help develop City of God’s calendar, recruit and train new volunteers, and incorporate these ministries into the overall vision of
These areas include:
- City Groups (small groups)
- Men’s and Women’s Ministry
- Domestic and International Outreach
- Children’s Ministry
Again, you are not being asked to lead all of these various ministries but help and assist our current leaders as they seek to lead our people in these areas.
Outside of the description above, this position will help shoulder the load in terms of general pastoral ministry at
Some of these general pastoral duties include:
- One-on-one counseling with members in need of care
- Preaching 5-7 times per year
- Other teaching opportunities that will present themselves: membership meetings, new member’s classes, pre-marital counseling, etc.
- Working with staff, interns, and other leaders to accomplish the goals of
Cityof God Church
- Administrative tasks as deemed necessary
This person will work under and report directly to the Lead Pastor (Eric Roseberry).
- A four-year degree (or 10+ years of ministry experience)
- Agreement with the doctrinal
distinctivesof Acts 29 and the Southern Baptist Convention
- Self-led and self-motivated
- Able to function well in a team environment
- Flexibility with a role that will develop as City of God continues to grow
- Solid organizational skills
- Enjoys spending time with people